Monday, April 7, 2008

Pavlov's Dogs

There is one sure way to make my children RUN to you. You might imagine it would be by enticing them with a deliciously iced cupcake, blowing the largest bubble ever witnessed by human eyes, or perhaps by making the announcement that it is playground time. All are certainly reasons for Oliver and Emma to quicken their step a little, but not enough to make their earth quake.
If you want my kids to stop, drop everything and run to you... simply turn on the vacuum! I would swear that they think it's a toddler party bus pulling up for them. I pretty much have to go into stealth mode every time I want to clean up some crumbs or else there is a fight for who gets to push the vacuum (and then nothing gets done.) I know somewhere in the back of my mind that this obsession with cleaning will not last. I don't imagine Ollie and Em will be begging to vacuum in 5 or 10 more years. How unfair.

No comments: