Tuesday, April 8, 2008

"To Do"

My kids are finally sitting having a few seconds of quiet time, and so am I. I've been making a mental "to do" list of stuff I've got to get done after bedtime:

-unload/load the dishwasher for the hundredth time today. I swear it laughs at me every time I turn my back.

-make a dent in our Mt. Everest of a laundry pile. Maybe I could hire a Sherpa.

-using a spoon, pry some of the petrified play-dough from random areas of the kitchen floor. It's been so long now that I've actually convinced myself the black play-dough bits are the natural grain of the wood flooring.

-clean the tub. It is just so wrong and unfair that something which is constantly covered in soap and hot water needs to be cleaned! And our tub is especially cruel. You scrub and scrub until your hands are weeping from the bleachy acid peel and the tub still looks like coffee stained teeth!

-exercise! Let's be perfectly honest though... Jeff won't get home til some time after 9pm tonight. I'm POOPED! I feel like I have run a marathon just from moving my fingers to type this. I might have to just watch Turbo Jam, and pretend that I'm doing it. At the end of a crazy day, it really does make me tired to watch them jumping around with such insane energy. I just tell myself that one day they'll have kids too.

-shower. Nice. I have had to add basic personal hygiene to my "to do" list. And it made the bottom slot. I'm sure that is too much information for the ten people that read this blog.

No comments: