Tuesday, April 15, 2008

The Blues


I hired myself a new dishwasher, and he has offered to work for Cheetos. Oliver is totally obsessed with cleaning lately, especially washing dishes at the sink. Today he was washing dishes, and I heard a crash. Uh oh. I forgot to take one of the breakable dishes out of the sink! Sometimes I forget that he isn't a teenager, since he acts like one most of the time. I told him he had to get down since there were sharp pieces everywhere. He cried, and begged to stay. I told him no, and his reply was: "I need my guitar to go sing a song about it Mamma!" I gave him his Backyardigans play guitar, and he began to sing "ohhhh a bowl that crashed and broke...."

I think his calling in life is to sing the blues. He's been doing it a lot lately. Most of the time it sounds more like whining though :)

3 comments:

bg said...

Maybe he'll be a musician like his grandma and auntie, huh? We're counting the days til we come to Austin at the end of May.

Amy Brown said...

I think that would be so wonderful if he were a musician! Hooray for the end of May!

Lisa said...

Great, just what we need...one more crazy musicians ;) Ollie can be my protege!