Tuesday, April 15, 2008

A little slice of Home


A few days ago, I was delivered a little slice of hometown pie. Even if I was only able to enjoy it for a few short days, it was still sweet! Of course, I'm talking about my bestest bud in the whole world, Jess, coming to visit. Well, she was actually here for Chris's hockey tournament at Harvard, but I'm telling myself that was just an excuse to reunite herself with Cambridge and Boston. (And to see me of course!) We visited our old stomping grounds in Harvard Square - Urban Outfitters, Berks, The Coop... and even had a brief moment of silence for our dearly departed Jasmine Sola. We shopped, we laughed, we were able to catch the last 20 minutes of Chris's first hockey game (although to her credit, she did watch more than one game.)We survived torrential down pour, snuck into the Harvard Law Library, braved the rude Boston Cabbies, and ventured into the mouth of the White Horse. Our prize?? Matching Harvard hoodies.

Next time I want more than just a small slice - I want the whole pie! Next time you have to stay for a week or two J.J. Or maybe three. Or... how about you just move to Cambridge?? Oliver said you could sleep in his bed. We miss you Jess!

No comments: