Friday, April 4, 2008

Baby Check



By now you have come to realize that this blog is more about my kids than our time here in Beantown. No apologies though. My offspring consume my whole life these days, and I love it. Oliver and Emma are the most charming, funny and most beautiful children that have ever existed. (Something tells me that all parents say this.) They are especially beautiful, charming and funny when they are sleeping! They get a little crazy while they're awake, and make up for it during slumber. I have more love than I ever thought was humanly possible for my babies during the moments that I peek in while they are resting.

Every night Jeff and I do "baby check" before heading to bed ourselves. We tip-toe into Ollie's room first, scooch him back into a reasonable sleeping position, cover him back up, and give him a kiss on the head followed by a final "Night-night buddy. Love you." Next we navigate our way through Emma's dark room over to her crib, lean over and look for a minute, both whispering "where is she?" When our eyes finally adjust to the light and we spot our youngest sleeping child, we both sigh "ahhh" as if patting ourselves on the back for being able to produce two children with such perfection.

I fear that we may not be able to do "baby check" forever. I'm sure there will come a time, far too soon for my liking, when Oliver and Emma no longer appreciate their Mom and Dad creeping into their rooms late at night to steal hugs and kisses.

PS: Ollie is actually snoozing behind those shades. Sneaky little guy.

3 comments:

bg said...

What a beautiful writer and photographer you are Amy. Those pictures just bring tears to my eyes.

Amy Brown said...

You are so sweet. We can't wait to see you again! I guess the next time will be Austin?

Amy Brown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.