Sunday, April 19, 2009

Dead car, wild turkeys, farm





Yesterday was glorious weather, and kind of a weird day. It took us a while to get out of the house, with big plans for taking the kids to Drumlin farm in Lincoln. We got out to the car, and the doors wouldn't unlock with my key clicker thing. "Uh-oh. What is going on?" Answer: Ollie clicking on the light above his seat & not turning it off = dead battery. Yippee. Happy Saturday. We finally were able to get our landlord to jump the car. One problemo. The anti-theft alarm was activated somehow and every time we opened or shut one of the doors the alarm went off for several minutes! We were too scared to turn the car off, and deactivate the car alarm - for fear that it wouldn't start again.

We promised the kids farm, and so farm it was! We all piled into the car, and set off down Trapelo road with our car alarm blaring. The cop directing traffic at Belmont Car Wash lowered his coffee cup for a second, but probably thought it would be too obvious of a car thief to drive past a cop with the car alarm going and his whole family in the car. At this point I was glad that Jeff is a law student. At least his could talk his way out of this awkward situation, should we be pulled over.

Next weird thing was on the way to Lincoln. Never have we had to pull over to let several wild turkeys cross the road! I was pretty excited. I was even able to pull out my camera in time to snap a few photos. We weren't even at the Farm yet!

Drumlin farm was wonderful. The kids love it there, and it really made me reminiscent of my childhood spending time on my aunts farm. Lincoln is such a gorgeous little town. Plus they have the DeCordova sculpture park that the kids also love. Jeff and I have vowed to do as many fun things around Boston as we can with the kids. We only have a year left here and something tells me it is going to pass too quickly :(

1 comment:

bg said...

Ollie has that James Bond look!