Thursday, April 16, 2009

A new beginning

Confession time: well, more just stating the obvious. I clearly have been a miserable failure at blogging about my family! I was doing so well - enthusiastically documenting the life of my kids. Now when they look back on Mommy's cyber-journal they'll wonder where I was for 8 months! At least I have a little while to make up a really interesting excuse. Perhaps we were backpacking as a family for 8 months in remote areas of the world that had sketchy internet connections. Or maybe not.

Nevertheless, I have a renewed dedication to being a better blogger. I could give an update, but let's just start with a fresh page.

I wish I could say that we did something really exciting today. In fact, the kids and I just ran a few errands and played outside in the backyard. I tried to bribe them with amazing lollipops in order to sit for a couple of photos for me. Fail. I closed my eyes and wished Emma would snap out of one of her 30 meltdowns. Fail. (consistency and every possible form of reasoning/distraction has also failed.) PLEASE. It has to be a phase. Wow. This is sounding pretty miserable and depressing. That's some kind of comeback.

Honestly, I have the best fam ever. Jeff is almost done his second year at Harvard Law School. Thank heavens I married someone with enough smarts for the both of us! Ollie is a future genius, and Emma is going to defy the odds to be the first 6 foot female pro-gymnast. With that kind of success, I can just sit back, relax and blog...


3 comments:

Lisa said...

Welcome back! I am laughing in my head at the image of a 6 ft Emma doing gymnastics ;)

chelle. said...

she is so adorable, amy.
love that you are back.

bg said...

I love the second picture!