Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Austin, Texas!!



After 2 1/2 days of pretty much non-stop driving, we made it safely to Austin on Saturday night. My Mom and Ray had stayed in Boston for a couple of extra days, and then flew in with Ollie and Em on Sunday morning. I can't believe how much I missed my babes over just a couple of days, but am so glad that they didn't have to make the grueling drive with us.
We are so excited to be back in Austin! It is a lot cooler than it was when we arrived this time last year. (It's in the mid-upper 80's as opposed to 100 degrees.) Such beautiful, sunny weather. We have rented a cute little apartment in Clarksville, an area of downtown Austin, which we LOVE! I love this area of town, and we're excited to be scoping out a part of town which we would potentially love to live. It's going to be such a fun summer!

Here are a couple of pics of Ollie and Em eating watermelon out on our Austin deck. Yay! It's summer time!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! I saw your link on Facebook! Glad to see you made it to Texas. So what kind of baby are you cookin'??

bg said...

One week and counting!

Amy Brown said...

haha! I'm guessing that "belmomma" is Denise? hmmmm.... we're cookin a baby boy! Also glad we made it to TX - 2 long drives left though. Ugh :(