Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Waverly Square

As you may know, we recently moved across the Cambridge line to Belmont. Initially I was a little sad to leave Cambridge, where we have been for so long, but excited for our new place. Now that we are most of the way settled, and a little more familiar with our new location I have to say I love it! It has been rainy almost every day since we moved, and when the sun broke through the clouds today, I took the opportunity to get my grouchy kids out of the house. We are right smack in the middle of Waverly Square. What a great place to be!! We walked over to the grocery store to get some lunch things, then to the bank, then crossed the street to the post office to mail off a package. The errands that used to be impossible for me to do with my kids are now much more enjoyable. Instead of getting in and out of the car, everything is right out our front door. Hooray! Now all we're missing is family close by. We have plenty of room now, so hopefully we'll have lots of visitors this fall!

2 comments:

withoutpapers said...

Hi, I found you through a blog search. My name is Bert and orig. from Belmont, Ma. I lived at 59 Lexington St. just around the corner from Waverly Square. I have a favor to ask. While looking at Google Earth Stree level I noticed a sign in front of my old house. Could you tell me if that is a for sale sign. My house is located next to the church. I hope you enjoy your stay in Belmont. My sister and I lived there from 1945 until 1958. Feel free to email me at withoutpapers70656@gmail.com Wishing you all the best.

merathon said...

amy-- this is meredith mckinnon, previously from the cambridge 2nd ward. i found your blog thru emily allred's. anyway, i saw you were recently "checking out austin." i'm confused though, since you jsut moved to a new place in belmont. are you still thinking about moving to austin? i don't know if you know, but that is where we lived for 3 years before we moved to boston and we LOVED it. i still miss it there. . .

let me know if you have questions about it!