Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Space Commander Diego


For the last couple of months Oliver has been very into anything "space". He is a self proclaimed Space Commander. In fact, he calls himself "Space Commander Diego". If I call him Oliver, he corrects me. "No Mamma, I'm Space Commander Diego!" I have been labeled "Space Commander Mommy" Jeff is "Space Diego Daddy" and Emma is sometimes "Space Cadet" and sometimes "Space Dora" depending on Ollie's mood.
It has been quite an adventure. Regular stuff has turned into space stuff. "Space shoes, space pants, space food, space bike, car = space shuttle..." the list could go on all day. The point obviously is, everything has some affiliation with space or rocket ships at our house lately. Quite fun.
Yesterday, we were out getting Oliver a new set of sheets for his bed (space sheets as Oliver pointed out to me)and both Ollie and Emma were riding in the stroller. Out of nowhere Ollie yells out "Mommy watch out! There's a meteor ahead!" I jumped a bit, and then felt a little silly as it processed in my mind. Of course there's not a meteor ahead. We're at Bed Bath and Beyond, not Outer Space. Of course I played along though. I thanked him for the warning, and steered a different way to avoid a terrible collision with a meteor in the bedding aisle.
Oliver seriously has the most amazing imagination I've ever seen. He astounds me every day. It is also funny to see Emma playing along and following everything big brother does. She is talking more, and growing up before our eyes. I am the luckiest Space Commander Mommy in the whole entire universe!!

1 comment:

bg said...

Maybe we can play space commander at the beach! Check grittonseniors.blogspot.com to add your ideas for the trip!