Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Road Trips With Kids: Not Reccommended


We got back late Sunday night from a good ol' road trip with the kids. We left Austin, Texas after we picked Jeff up from work on Friday, and had to be back to Boston in time for him to go to work Monday morning. Probably not the funnest thing in the world. In fact, at times during the hours and hours trapped in the car (16 hrs a day)I thought I may be suffering some kind of slow, miserable death reserved especially for those who have done something really bad. Really though, Oliver and Emma were total troopers. They did so well for being confined to car seats. Other than the time or two when Oliver decided to unbuckle himself, and Emma throwing all of her binkies then immediately demanding them back with violent shrieks.... all went well. On our way we saw a couple of very serious semi truck/car accidents that were heart wrenching and obviously fatal. I am just so grateful that our long journey home was a safe one, and that we are in one piece -and sane.

3 comments:

bg said...

I am soooo happy you guys are safe and home at last. Were the kids excited to see their toys again?

Lisa said...

I too am so glad you guys made it home safe and with your sanity in tact! I miss you guys already, I can't wait til Newport :)

Amy Brown said...

We miss you too! Newport will be so much fun!